Yageo adjusts its strategy to compete with top manufacturers for high-end application markets
According to reports, Yageo will strengthen its product line and strive to increase the proportion of high value-added products such as high capacity, vehicle and industrial use. The goal is to increase the revenue share from the current 30% to 50%, competing with manufacturers such as Murata and Samsung in the high-end application market.
Faced with the fall in demand for low-end and mid-end products this year, Yageo has adopted a strategy of adjusting its product mix to increase the proportion of high value-added products with high unit prices and high profits in their product mix.
Industry insiders pointed out that Japanese passive component manufacturers such as Murata are gradually shifting their MLCC products from low-end to high-end automotive products. Taiwanese factories such as Yageo and Walsin are expected to receive related markets such as automotive infotainment applications.
In response to market demand, Yageo continued to expand production. At the end of last year, the monthly capacity of MLCC was expanded to 50 billion. It is estimated that by the end of 2020, the relevant monthly production capacity will reach 70 billion.
According to Yageo, about 30% of its total revenue from capacitors and resistors comes from products with special specifications, and the remaining 70% from general standard products. The company's medium - to long-term goal is to increase the proportion of special products to the same as general products, each accounting for 50%.