Skyworks' first-quarter revenues are 7% higher than expected
Skyworks Solutions Inc. announced its revenue for the first quarter of 2018. As of the end of March, its first-quarter revenue was $914.3 million, compared with $1.052 billion in the previous quarter, a year-on-year drop of 13%, compared to the first quarter of last year. The 8.517 US dollar rose 7%, exceeding its 9.1 billion US dollar forecast. Among them, Integrated Mobile Systems and Power Amplifiers accounted for 73% of total revenue, a decrease of 2% from the previous quarter's 75%.
Liam K. Griffin, president and chief executive officer, said: "As a result of the global demand for high-performance connectivity engines, Skyworks achieved its highest and lowest quarterly results in March.
During the quarter, Skyworks partnered with the world's largest automaker to leverage its global fleet connectivity; deploy integrated solutions for Honeywell's LTE handheld enterprise hubs; nested Wi-Fi and ZigBee modules for Nest connectivity Video system; New design for Belkin's high-speed mesh network; Support for Garmin's latest Forerunner advanced fitness smartwatch; SkyOne and SkyBlue platforms for upcoming Lenovo and Asus high performance notebooks; and the latest DIRECTV streaming gateway Launched 802.11ac solution.
"Our solutions are expanding and diversifying the end markets across the Internet of Things, automotive, home security and factory automation," said Griffin.
During the quarter, Skyworks won strategic design wins for leading mobile customers across many flagship platforms, including SkyOne, DRx, GPS, Wi-Fi, power management and precision antenna tuning solutions. At the same time, in the infrastructure market, the company deployed Massive MIMO solutions for India's largest network operator.